Thursday, March 22, 2012

Upcoming Zak Smith Skype Visit

From Sam Warren-

I just wanted to get this out there to create some interest in the next skype artist talk we'll be doing with Zak Smith! www.zaxart.com (Yes, his website is god awful, but his paintings/drawings are about as amazing as his site is poorly designed so check them out!) I just got confirmation from him that we'll be talking to him next Thursday (March 29th). I'm really excited and my plan now is to get you all as excited as I am so please, look at his website, read his blog (he's very smart, very funny and very insightful) and find me in school so I can show you his book "Pictures Showing What Happens on Each Page of Thomas Pynchon's Novel Gravity's Rainbow" which is a collection of about 760 drawings and paintings he did that...well....show what happens on each page of Thomas Pynchon's novel Gravity's Rainbow. Also, think of some awesome questions to ask and tell your friends!
In addition, I also just heard back from artist John Dyer Baizley http://aperfectmonster.com/ (much prettier website) who expressed interest in actually coming to the school and spending time with us which is incredibly exciting so check out his work! He does a lot of work for bands and musicians, mostly other bands on the label his band Baroness is signed to, Relapse Records, but has also done some work for Flight of the Conchords and Gillian Welch's latest release "The Harrow and The Harvest". All great stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment